Pages

Friday, August 20, 2010

Crying it out and other life changes

Moulin Rouge soundtrack, if there is any distraction, is probably the best contender to do the job. I'm currently letting Lyric "cry it out." So far there is lots of crying not so much it-outting. The last few nights have been super inconsistent with sleep and I've realized how inconsistent nap time is. So, even though it would make more sense to wait 7 days until we move into our own house, here I am trying to gain a little piece of order and sanity...not to mention a sleep cycle. This is hard, no doubt, but not because it breaks my heart to hear him cry (I'm not totally callous, but growing up with a special needs sister helped build an immunity to this sort of thing), its hard because I just want to skip this part and be at the part where we are all sleeping happily. However, more than ever before in my life, I see how precious the hard stuff is. As Lyric's mom, I know that this is ultimately what is best for him, not easiest, but best. As a believer, I know that God has a plan and that this whole living out of a box(es) and other people's house(es), is the hard part which will eventually (next week!) make the sweet part one million times sweeter. I truly and deeply believe that going through all this transition with a new baby is perfect timing. In the same way that Lyric does not understand what we are doing, but he has to rely on his parents...we are equally clueless to what all the Lord is working out, but dearly cling to Him. Such a beautiful daily reminder. And my little reminder will hopefully fall asleep soon...

1 comment:

  1. Beautifully said. I know you don't know me yet, but we'd be so happy to let him cry here if you ever need a nap. Take care. We'll pray this passes soon.

    ReplyDelete