Pages

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Politically Speaking

...I'm politically apathetic. I'm not proud of it. It's a fact of my life right now. I feel unpatriotic (is that a word?) just admitting my apathy. Nevertheless, I do not care about healthcare, I don't care about social security, I don't even care about foreign policies. For me there seem to be two sides to this coin: the peaceful bliss of ignorance or the angry burden of knowledge. I don't know any well informed person who isn't angered by politics. It doesn't seem to matter what position they take, they are angry. Those of us who aren't angry, probably don't know what is really going on out there. Honestly, I know that there are people out there fighting for the issues that I do care about. Even if I were to get nice and riled up, lets face it, I'm not going to be writing, calling or emailing any senators. I know where I stand morally...its not an issue of confusion. Quite frankly, I don't want to be angry so instead I'm apathetic.

No comments:

Post a Comment